Friday, January 30, 2009

Relationship in a Suitcase

"Go, have a steamy affair with some Latin lover who spends his free time thinking up new bedroom positions instead of trading positions."
I came across one of the humorous DABA posts on relationships with what seems to be an extinct specie these days - an investment banker and could not help but wonder how were they able to maintain their affairs outside the 100 hour work week?

If bankers could do it, consultants could definitely pull it off. Relationships in consulting usually fall into a few categories:

- gypsies: several things are going on in several cities. Broken hearts, broken promises over shaken not stirred martinis. It's fun when you work in a fabulous city somewhere in South America; not so very applicable when you consult in the sands of the Middle East. Or a small American town.

- settlers: dating within the same company or even the same project team (gets tricky).

- wedded: married, engaged, soon to be married. Typical statement - I cant travel because my significant other threatened to leave twice within past week. I cant attend the meetings because my child number five is sick.

- forbidden fruits: those who would spend time just with any alpha male, ignoring a ring on the left hand. Becomes the most intricate relationship when one of the parties gets carried away.

It's hard to maintain a somewhat normal life when you become a voyager. It is even harder to date someone who doesn't share your passion for adventures in a suitcase.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I make money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]